X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCP rights with daycare provider

Hi All,

My X has changed School and daycare provider for my oldest without my consent or input. The new Provider has said I cannot visit the kids at her house (unlicensed daycare), but my X can...I used to visit our 2 children every morning before going to work, but have been told that the provider will be "Too busy" and it will be disruptive to do that. The provider is friends with my X sister-in-law.....what are my rights as a Father?? There is no agreement or order in place.

If it is an unlicensed daycare, I would deal with her through the daycare regulators. You won't win trying to get into a "private house" of someone. She is either a private house or a daycare.

Comment

She is unlicensed

The is only 1 regulation for unlicensed Daycare providers and that is that they can only look after 5 children under the age of 12 including their own children. I am getting zero information from my X on the provider and the provider is telling me to get the information from my X, I'm stuck and with nowhere to turn for help, I'm being effectively shut out of my childrens life except for what my X allows me to have.

I will be visiting the school this week and hopefully they respond more fairly, but it seems that my children are losing without the courts even ruling on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by riverbag View Post
        Hi All,

My X has changed School and daycare provider for my oldest without my consent or input. The new Provider has said I cannot visit the kids at her house (unlicensed daycare), but my X can...I used to visit our 2 children every morning before going to work, but have been told that the provider will be "Too busy" and it will be disruptive to do that. The provider is friends with my X sister-in-law.....what are my rights as a Father?? There is no agreement or order in place.
        Unfortunately, if you can't get the agreement of your ex, you're only recourse is court.

That is just morally wrong!!! Are you sure it's the caregiver saying that, or is it your ex? If there's no agreement or order in place you have joint custody.

I would call the caregiver and discuss it with her again myself. You have that right!!! Does the caregiver know you have joint custody and are therefore entitled to this information? She may be misinformed, or lied to.

Please provide the details of the status quo living arrangements for the kids. How long have you been separated? How long has the status quo been in effect? At minimum that status quo includes the children seeing you every morning. That routine ought not to be disrupted.

That kind of reprehensible behaviour downright pisses me off. What God gave her the right to unilaterally remove you from your children's routine like that??????

Comment

Thanks Dadtotheend,

This has been my X's new strategy, to remove any remnant of her life with me from the children's lives. The Daycare provider is a friend of her sister's so the daycare provider has "picked a side" I believe. I used to visit the kids every morning at the previous daycare provider and was welcomed when i arrived, but the new one has said that mornings are "too busy" to accommodate me and we are not allowed to randomly visit the house, which really concerns me. I have no references and no police check, and apparently no rights. the status Quo has been since March with many significant changes during that time, so I don't think it's been all that stable on my X's side.
          As for who gave her the right?? I'v asked her that questions a number of times and of course have gotten no response

Comment

Thanks Dadtotheend,

This has been my X's new strategy, to remove any remnant of her life with me from the children's lives. The Daycare provider is a friend of her sister's so the daycare provider has "picked a side" I believe. I used to visit the kids every morning at the previous daycare provider and was welcomed when i arrived, but the new one has said that mornings are "too busy" to accommodate me and we are not allowed to randomly visit the house, which really concerns me. I have no references and no police check, and apparently no rights. the status Quo has been since March with many significant changes during that time, so I don't think it's been all that stable on my X's side.
            As for who gave her the right?? I'v asked her that questions a number of times and of course have gotten no response
            Then bring an emergency motion to reinstate your morning access and to order the caregiver to answer to you. You're a joint custodial father!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Dadtotheend,

Then bring an emergency motion to reinstate your morning access and to order the caregiver to answer to you. You're a joint custodial father!!!!! Do it yesterday!!

Comment

Motion coming

It will be done tomorrow morning, wish me luck.

Comment

good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Just a quick question, it just occurred to me that filing a motion against my X in regards to rules the daycare provider is making might not look to intelligent....can the court order the daycare provider to "make time" for me to visit my kids??

Comment

Can you explain how you spent your access time at the previous daycare? Did you take your child away from the daycare? Did they provide a place for you?

I think you need to find out the reasons why the change in daycare took place. She needs to provide valid reasons why the change was beneficial to your child. I doubt that she can justify it if it took away some of your access. Please speak to FLIC before you file tomorrow. I don't know what you need to do, but you must do something to show that you do not agree with the change in daycare.

Comment

The court can order the resumption of your morning access which has been taken away from you. I presume that the court can also order the daycare provider to provide information to you about the kids care and to pick up and drop off there.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X