This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying him out?

The relationship ended.. I need the vehicle which he has asked me to give him $3500.00 which is a fair deal.I have drawn up a Release Agreement. Can anyone tell me if this attached Agreement will cover me from him coming back and sue for more?

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Windows/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> In consideration to the sum of Three Thousand,Five Hundred ,$3500.00 CND ,paid by cash,the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is acknowledged, __________the Releasor of no present address, releases and forever discharges_____________ the Releasee) , her heirs,executors,legal representatives and assigns from all manner of actions,cause of action,debts,accounts,bonds,contracts,claims and demands for or by reason of any damage,loss or injury to person or property which has been or may be sustained as a consequence of the following.<o></o>
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
    The claim or dispute arose as a result of the disintegration of the relationship<o></o>
    The Releasor acknowledges that this release is given with the express intent of effecting the exstingishment of certain obligations owed to the Releasor, and with the intent of binding her heirs,executors,legal representatives and assigns<o>.</o>
    For the above noted consideration the undersigned further agrees not to make claim or take proceedings against any other person or corporation which might claim contribution or indemnity under the provisions of any statute or otherwise.<o></o>
    Signed on this day <o></o>
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o></o>
    Signature of Releasor <o></o>
    Witness <o></o>

I would put he make, model and v.i.n. of the vehicle in there somewhere considering that it is what the 3500 is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      I would put he make, model and v.i.n. of the vehicle in there somewhere considering that it is what the 3500 is all about.
      Yes the 3500 is for the van but I want him to sign something so that in the future he cannot come back for anything else.... I have all his personal effects in order for him to collect. I am not asking him for anything. I just want him out of here for good. Will this Release Doc work for future issues if he decides to go for more? Not just the van either He has stated that he can sue me for half my home. I have read that with CL he can't because it's in my house solely. This man is devious and a lier and has sued others. Will this doc release me from other monies he may want?

Comment

Your lucky that his name isnt on the house. I assume you're in a province that doesn't have a lame law allowing him to collect half your equity that was gained during the relationship?

That settles you for the car and probably the house. If you give him his stuff back thats good too.

You've covered the big ones.

As far as "releasing" you from getting sued...

He sounds like an ass, he can pretty much try to make up anything if he wants to sue you. But as far as real concrete things that he can take you're mostly good.

Did he do any renovations or pay for any big renovations ever? he could make a claim that he contributed to increasing the value of your home and wants to be compensated.

Did he pay you an unusual amount of rent or quit his job for you or anything like that? Did he buy you expensive gifts?

was he an unemployed bum who will want spousal support now?

I think the only thing he could really try to make up a claim for is unjust enrichment if he can find an excuse. It would be very hard for him to prove though, but he could make your life difficult. There's no real way to "protect" yourself if he starts making up bullshit aside from just letting the judge laugh at him.

Comment

Originally posted by maggiem2 View Post
          Yes the 3500 is for the van but I want him to sign something so that in the future he cannot come back for anything else.... I have all his personal effects in order for him to collect. I am not asking him for anything. I just want him out of here for good. Will this Release Doc work for future issues if he decides to go for more? Not just the van either He has stated that he can sue me for half my home. I have read that with CL he can't because it's in my house solely. This man is devious and a lier and has sued others. Will this doc release me from other monies he may want?
          well if he has sued others then he knows his way around the court room and the system. I am thinking that you may be in for a battle. Let him have his personal belongings without fuss. That will show a judge in the future that you were being resonable at the start.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X