No announcement yet.

To go to court or not(Spousal Support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To go to court or not(Spousal Support)

I am trying to get information on here based on other womens or men past experience in going to court whether it is worth it or not. I completely understand the opinion and it seems as if the 30K may be something not worth fighting for. In regards to the spousal support, i am not sure whether i should settle at 10K in cash. I was trying to get a feel for how much money i can settle for. I dont want to go to court. I know it is very expensive.
    Is 10K to settle to low though. He sent me his notice of assessment from last year. He made 66K and minus his child support from an earlier marriage, he pays 560 a month in child support, so his income for spousal support purposes is around 59K. I made 32k last year. Will his child support affect my ability to get support. I know the courts put the child support first and rightly so, i am just askign if it will affect the amount i can claim. I know the relationship is not long term, i know it will only be interim support, 4.5 - 9 years. I am thinking i could get 4.5 to 6 years. Also, i work 4 - 5 hours a day. I have been trying to secure full time employment, could they impute my income to full time wages. Also, do i have to claim my car allowance as income. I actually only made 27k but i get paid for my kilometres on my car.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X