This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House + Who Resides In It - Privacy + Common Law

Past year and a half I have been paying property bills on the home and all the debt (even of material needed to maintain it - which x took. Lawyer says he can’t get anything from the x. I am digging a bigger and bigger hole for myself. What can I do? x is still on mortgage and on title but what can I do to get the x off. Does this give the x the continued right to enter the house as we are joint on title. He breaks in. Constant worry. Is there not a time frame where my personal privacy, safety becomes an issue? Why is it that I can't reclaim some of the property removed if it pertains to the maintenance of the property.

You might need court assistance to deal with your ex and having his name removed from title. Its somewhat problematic as currently you could not even list it with a real estate without their permission.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X