Final minutes of settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final minutes of settlement

ok...so...the STBX and I have come to an agreement...we (my lawyer and I) sent her an OTS (she ended up losing or giving up her lawyer half way through this whole thing).

after a little bit of back and forth, we both signed the final minutes of settlement and my lawyer then sent it of to court to have the Judge approve/sign it.

This was a month ago today (that it was sent off to the courts)!!!...how long does it actually take for the judge to sign off on it and get this all corrected with FRO...

just curious if anyone can give me some kind of timeline??

how long does it actually take for the judge to sign off on it and get this all corrected with FRO
    Entirely depends on the judge. Some will have it done by the next week, others can take months. If there is a local trial blitz going on the judge may have set aside everything but their trial.

If you have a signed agreement, you can send that to FRO so they can make their changes (if amending an agreement). Otherwise, hold tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Leviathan View Post
      ok...so...the STBX and I have come to an agreement...we (my lawyer and I) sent her an OTS (she ended up losing or giving up her lawyer half way through this whole thing).

after a little bit of back and forth, we both signed the final minutes of settlement and my lawyer then sent it of to court to have the Judge approve/sign it.

This was a month ago today (that it was sent off to the courts)!!!...how long does it actually take for the judge to sign off on it and get this all corrected with FRO...

just curious if anyone can give me some kind of timeline??
      I had mine submitted late June 2013 and received the signed copy late September. (Brampton)

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
        Entirely depends on the judge. Some will have it done by the next week, others can take months. If there is a local trial blitz going on the judge may have set aside everything but their trial.

If you have a signed agreement, you can send that to FRO so they can make their changes (if amending an agreement). Otherwise, hold tight.
        Thanks Orleans, I just got word back from the lawyer the other day, judge has looked it over but wanted some slight "rewording" done.

Doesn't change much really and it doesn't need to be resigned by either me or the stbx.

It'll now have to be sent to FRO, where I'll wait another couple of months for it to take effect I'm sure

Comment

Our draft Order has been on a desk since mid April. We have been told it's second from the top for two months now. We continue to pay the increased amount of support and send to FRO.

In our case mom and her lawyer refused to sign draft order but did not contest or request any changes when served with the draft order. So we can't send it to FRO. Anyhow, that woman puts us through enough hoops and we aren't her admin assistant either. Meaning, she has deferred her own increase in support by choice. Silly!

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
            Our draft Order has been on a desk since mid April. We have been told it's second from the top for two months now. We continue to pay the increased amount of support and send to FRO.

In our case mom and her lawyer refused to sign draft order but did not contest or request any changes when served with the draft order. So we can't send it to FRO. Anyhow, that woman puts us through enough hoops and we aren't her admin assistant either. Meaning, she has deferred her own increase in support by choice. Silly!

Hey serene...yes, I'm also locked in with FRO (with an old temp order) until this ots had been approved by the judge and then sent to them.

The temp order took FRO 3 months to kick in. I'm betting this ots they get from the judge will take FRO about the same amount of time.

Thankfully, the ots was dated commencing apr 1...so any deductions going forward should be taken into account!!

Comment

I've been following your case for over a year. How did it go in the end, Leviathan? I believe you were claiming your ex was intentionally underemployed, seeking SS and also seeking CS for a step child.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
                I've been following your case for over a year. How did it go in the end, Leviathan? I believe you were claiming your ex was intentionally underemployed, seeking SS and also seeking CS for a step child.
                Hey fff, to make a long story short, she ended up losing her lawyer (stbx stated to my lawyer that she couldn't afford to continue to pay her lawyer because I didn't pay my arrears through FRO)

Stbx couldn't come up with the proof that her daughter was continuing her education and/or proof from a psychologist about her daughters mental well being (last court appearance stbx and lawyer stated her daughter had suicidal ideations)...the judge gave her until this past feb to come up with the proof...she didn't have it obviously.

My lawyer then contacted stbx and stated we're gonna settle this...we made an ots...some bickering back and forth until the end of march, she finally signed the ots and it's now in the judges hands for approval..

It's been almost 2 years now fff, quite the battle I tell you

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X