SS Denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Denial

Is there anyone here who's stbx argued that he/she needed ss to survive but the judge decided against the request??

Just a question I thought I'd throw out there...

yes. I also realize a whole set of circumstances came into play for things to go so wrong "so quick" and it has taken some serious WTF's to first sink in and then to find out how or better the why?? How was relatively easy to get a handle on, the WHY? I am still working on that part - I have been given much to work on - but for me it is hopefully the one time only things go this wrong and I am preparing to move forward, not spend energy and money I do not have for what at least is in my case, will be the temporary order.

So I have had 4 different lawyers look at the file and they are all as they put it "for a loss of words" - doesn't help me much but I am being encouraged to pursue recourse as my new lawyer moves on ahead. I can only do so much and I do look at it as if I win something, great, if not - if I had to lose something to learn what I know now I believe at least for me, this is probably the "best loss" to suffer as it is only temporary and I lost - time to move forward.

So perhaps you need to look at things as, was the best face put into the case and was the information that the judge did have to work with more or less accurate. Maybe the loss was the right result based on family law and all the people affected by this decision. Out of my league now but if you are looking at this Denial as something that has already happened or is it speculative in nature? In the simplist of terms - people, means anything can happen, and does every day.

Comment

yes. I also realize a whole set of circumstances came into play for things to go so wrong "so quick" and it has taken some serious WTF's to first sink in and then to find out how or better the why?? How was relatively easy to get a handle on, the WHY? I am still working on that part - I have been given much to work on - but for me it is hopefully the one time only things go this wrong and I am preparing to move forward, not spend energy and money I do not have for what at least is in my case, will be the temporary order.

So I have had 4 different lawyers look at the file and they are all as they put it "for a loss of words" - doesn't help me much but I am being encouraged to pursue recourse as my new lawyer moves on ahead. I can only do so much and I do look at it as if I win something, great, if not - if I had to lose something to learn what I know now I believe at least for me, this is probably the "best loss" to suffer as it is only temporary and I lost - time to move forward.

So perhaps you need to look at things as, was the best face put into the case and was the information that the judge did have to work with more or less accurate. Maybe the loss was the right result based on family law and all the people affected by this decision. Out of my league now but if you are looking at this Denial as something that has already happened or is it speculative in nature? In the simplist of terms - people, means anything can happen, and does every day.
      What?!?

Totally incomprehensible.

You do realize that when a poster asks a question that's its not just so that you have an opportunity to bash your ex and talk about you right?

Comment

no only you think in this fashion and that you should read this every time - again I enjoy. Perhaps like most - people see that there is reality behind a personal experience and perhaps some empty noit always well thought out statements...... For every one "---" of yours, I get 10 to 20 that perhaps get it perhaps more than some others??? Again, sorry to the OP who had a valid question..... still trying to find the ex bashing - you find things even when they are not there

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
          What?!?

Totally incomprehensible.

You do realize that when a poster asks a question that's its not just so that you have an opportunity to bash your ex and talk about you right?
          Lol...Thanks PH...I just basically wanted some examples I guess..where an STBX had asked for SS and was denied because of their current situation or the situation they were in when the significant other moved in...

Comment

no only you think in this fashion and that you should read this every time - again I enjoy. Perhaps like most - people see that there is reality behind a personal experience and perhaps some empty noit always well thought out statements...... For every one "---" of yours, I get 10 to 20 that perhaps get it perhaps more than some others??? Again, sorry to the OP who had a valid question..... still trying to find the ex bashing - you find things even when they are not there
            Again...what?!?

Total gibberish.

Anyway Leviathan: I don't pay SS but I'm assuming not many posters have chimed in because not a lot of payors have been very successful in not having to pay their ex when they're the higher earner and there's a salary differential.

I know there was a post on here about a month back from a person who claimed that he had gotten SS denied to his ex based on the fact that she was with a new partner who was well-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
              Again...what?!?

Total gibberish.

Anyway Leviathan: I don't pay SS but I'm assuming not many posters have chimed in because not a lot of payors have been very successful in not having to pay their ex when they're the higher earner and there's a salary differential.

I know there was a post on here about a month back from a person who claimed that he had gotten SS denied to his ex based on the fact that she was with a new partner who was well-off.

Ok...thanks for that PH...I'm in a situation now where she's asking for SS and my lawyer seems to think she's going to have a difficult time getting it..I guess we'll see really..

Comment

Well, read the spousal support advisory guidelines a bunch of times until you understand them, the motive and goal, the reasons for entitlement and decide in an unbiased way if you think it applies to your situation or not.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
                  Well, read the spousal support advisory guidelines a bunch of times until you understand them, the motive and goal, the reasons for entitlement and decide in an unbiased way if you think it applies to your situation or not.

From the little bit that I have read FFF, I tend to agree with my lawyer..that she'll have a difficult time for entitlement.

but besides my limited ability to understand all the law "jargon" really, isn't that why I'm paying a lawyer though?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by ddol1 View Post
                    Very strange - totally incomprehensible.

I don't recall ddol1 posting this type of post before...strange.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X