X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not know what to do

Hello,
    It's friday and I have called about 50 lawyers today and not one was available to see me. I have no idea what to do here is my situation:

Yesterday around 4:30pm my spouse and I got into an argument. I had found out that she was plotting to take the kids from me and move away. So I was of course upset. I do not smoke, do drugs, go out, harm my spouse or my children in any shape or form.
    I always want to talk about things but my spouse gets upset extremely easily and she usually starts swearing and yelling in front of the kids. The fights are always about not being able to compromise on things.

Anyways yesterday I decided to get rid of the distractions and started taking down 2 of our 3 televisions in the home(very childish I know but I was very upset and did an irrational thing). As well as other electronic paraphernalia. She went out for a walk and I found out later she called her mom and told her mom that I was disconnecting the phones and tvs etc. Well the mom said she would phone childrens aid. So of course 2 police show up at our door. Well the police said your wife is going to take the two kids to her parents house for the night and I am not allowed to call them until 4pm today. They said I need to call CAS at 9am today to find out what is going to happen.
    So today I started calling lawyers. Spent all day talking to receptionists. After 30 lawyers in the morning one receptionist suggested going to the court house they have free consultation until 11:30am. So I rushed over and of course my spouse had already known about that she was there at 9:30am and therefor the lawyer could not talk to me.

Now I need to know how do I see my children and what do I need to say to CAS.
    This is a horrible situation. I feel like I've done nothing wrong and am getting penalized for it.
    Any input would be appreciated,
    Thanks.

Call the Law Society of Upper Canada and they will put you in touch with a lawyer for a free 30 minute telephone consultation.

You should easily get a consultation before the end of the business day.

Comment

Thanks, on hold right now. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Called but there is no lawyers in my area that subscribe to that service. I called a place in Ajax that is about an hour and half from me however they are not in today.

Comment

Have you called CAS? I know this maybe jumping the gun, but I would file a motion to have your children returned to their home ASAP! Go to the court on Monday and file the paperwork.

Seriously upset with the why the police handle this type of thing. ARG.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharah View Post
            Have you called CAS? I know this maybe jumping the gun, but I would file a motion to have your children returned to their home ASAP! Go to the court on Monday and file the paperwork.

Seriously upset with the why the police handle this type of thing. ARG.
            It is upsetting. First off because I have no right to go over to the grandparents house without the grandparents permission and second of all they do this on a long weekend. Monday is a holiday.

I have called CAS an hour ago. Left a message. No one has called back.

CAS was here before. My wife had called CAS, get this, because I took smarties away from my 3 year old daughter at 7:30am and told her she could not have that for breakfast. My spouse proceeded to give the smarties to my daughter again and I went to take the smarties out of my daughers' hand again and my spouse stepped in my way and was pushed aside by my momentum. It was the most ridiculous fight ever. The cops came and again told the kids and my spouse to go over to her parents. At which time I was not allowed to see them.
            I remember calling the police back at around 5pm that day to ask them what was going on. I heard in the background laughs from the cops at the silly incident.
            I think my spouse is just trying to build a case against me.

Comment

Sounds like she is doing it. Sometimes it's better to let the kids eat the smarties, then lose them over it. That said, I would rethink letting her come back. File an order to have the children returned but I would separate from your spouse before it gets out of hand and you end up in jail.

I would also call as soon as you are allowed and ask for access time over the weekend. If they refuse, request again in writing. Make sure you document any calls and get a voice recorder today if possible! Use it when/if you are ever around your ex.
              Last edited by Pharah; 02-18-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Sounds like she is doing it. Sometimes it's better to let the kids eat the smarties, then lose them over it. That said, I would rethink letting her come back. File an order to have the children returned but I would separate from your spouse before it gets out of hand and you end up in jail.
                Unfortunately this is what it has come down to.

You try to be the best person you can be. It's amazing how fast life can just flip everything upside down.

Have already recorded fights, cas visits and phone calls.

Comment

OK. Seriously get a voice recorder. HammerDad has suggested this on many occasions to people and it really will save you a load of head aches with he said/she said crap. You can record her without her knowledge and you can use it to prove your innocences.

Comment

OK. Seriously get a voice recorder. HammerDad has suggested this on many occasions to people and it really will save you a load of head aches with he said/she said crap. You can record her without her knowledge and you can use it to prove your innocences.
                    Yep. Said in my last post already did. I have some fights on tape, conversations and phone conversations.

Comment

Just talked to the spouse on the phone. We agreed on what will happen with the kids on weekend. She also said she does not plan on moving back in to this home again with me.
                      So now I have a bunch of things to figure out. The worst part is it's all going to cost money.

Comment

Originally posted by Chriss View Post
                        The worst part is it's all going to cost money.
                        No, the worst part is that your kids, who are blameless in all of this, are going to be subjected to your adult problems.

Get a grip.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                          No, the worst part is that your kids, who are blameless in all of this, are going to be subjected to your adult problems.

Get a grip.
                          Yes you're absolutely right. That is first and foremost. I do not want them to be used as pawns in this and will do everything possible to make this as seem less as possible for them. Sometimes I lose track of what is really important, especially when emotion is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Chriss View Post
                            Sometimes I lose track of what is really important, especially when emotion is involved.
                            Can't afford to do that anymore. Good luck.

Comment

Ummm...I have just done this exact thing, recorded my spouse without his knowledge and have since found out, by a member of the RCMP, that it is illegal to tape someone without their knowledge. Be careful!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X