This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times ?

How many times do you legally need to attend any of these case conferences,and court house visits before you actually get a chance of ending all this crap. Everything my lawyers does and writes is always turned down and then we wait,wait,wait,and again wait. This man wants nothing done and just wants to stay put. We have no children to worry about so therefore he just coasts along like nothing is happening. Right now I am being held hostage.( I honestly feel this way) He will not list the house unless I agree to hold back in trust a large sum of money for what he feels is his. I agreed and still nothing. What I really need is the opportunity to walk up to the judges door ,Knock and so please settle this for us because it can't be resolved. This is costing a lot of money for someone who never wanted to deal with lawyers. Now I think they are best friends the way this is continuing on Been reading alot of the new posts lately, always been here but nothing to say or share. So glad my children are adults now.

PUSH FOR A TRIAL! Tell your lawyer to do so, that there is no way you are able to settle any other way and maybe that would put the pressure on resolving the matters.

Comment

Ironically, more times than not, a bona fide push for trial statistically yields Settlement.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. Any idea how much more it is going to cost for a trial? As I see it now this system is geared to wards kids and the parents. Who ever said geared towards "Women" is not right nowadays maybe a few years ago. How can people outright lie with a straight face and then sleep at night. This guys eyes shoud really be BROWN.

Comment

Unfortunately it's the new trend and it depends what's involved.

Comment

What the OP's are really saying is that you should always present as if you are moving towards trial. As you get closer the heat gets turned up by the judge/court to settle the matter. Only 2% of cases actually get to trial because the whole system is set up to get you to avoid trial.

Endless case conferences are useless. If you don't know the steps in case management, learn them and continue to take it to the next level. Always be appearing to be headed to trial, even though you know you won't get there.

Here's a start for your research:

Ministry of the Attorney General - Chapter 5 - Management of Cases

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X