• Show
Clear All

• OCL witness

Can and how I ask OCL to be a witness?

a witness in regards to what??

Comment

to explain that childen are alienated from their father

Comment

If the OCL is involved then they will absolutely be a witness if it goes to trial. If it doesn't go to trial (and it won't) then there recommendations will be highly persuasive to the court.

But you have to get a court order requesting their involvement and they have to agree to become involved.

Comment

they are involved, and they give a verbal report, so can i still put them on the witness list?

Comment

They will file a written report and be added to the witness list.

Comment

by themselves, or I have to put them in my witness list in 17E?

Comment

Name the professional that made the formal recommendation for the OCL as a witness if applicable.

Comment

And if you already haven't done so - Don't forget about Form 23 Summons and post dated payment to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny888 View Post
                    they are involved, and they give a verbal report, so can i still put them on the witness list?

So they made a verbal report but did not put it in the actual report? I am confused. I thought the OCL does a writen report in all cases??

Comment

They don't just give verbal reports. A written report is a must.

Comment

Not true, there are many ways the OCL can become involved. A judge could order that the OCL get involved and "report" back to the court. I am aware of a case where they are involved & have appeared before a judge to make statements.....I myself had to move to the next level because, the judge didn't ask that the OCL make recommendations therefore, they said they couldn't; do not pass go, pay more $$$$

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X