No announcement yet.

How Stop wife from leaving the province with children

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Stop wife from leaving the province with children

    Hello I need your help, what is the best way to enforce the wife from leaving the province with the children and what should I do if she does. I know the letter of the law says she cant without my written permission but how do I enforce this

  • #2
    Search this forum on "mobility" and you will find tons and tons of debate and information. Some of the recent threads are real good.


    • #3
      You need to provide more details about your situation such as age of children, current custody/access arrangements etc.

      If there is no court order that prohibits her from moving with children, you are out of luck. You can always get a court order on a expedited basis (called emergency or ex-parte motion) if you can prove to the court that your ex is planning to move without your consent and that the move will seriously harm the children.


      Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.