Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I put this in a separation agreement?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I put this in a separation agreement?

I need it to be very detailed, as he is manipulative.
    -both parents give permission for child to attend counselling and support services
    - child will not leave the country without written consent from both parents.
    - Both parents must sign to obtain a Canadian Passport for child
    - Neither parent will obtain a Portuguese passport for child.

-both parents will attend counselling and a parenting course or group.

I am worried that things could go downhill fast. I think both of us would have to sign for a Canadian passport, but I don't know if he can get her a Portuguese one without my signature. I just need it to be clear that he can't do that.

The counselling services need his written permission for her to attend counselling (as we have shared custody). I could have asked for sole legal custody, but I don't think he would let that go by. Don't think he would have a problem with counselling though.

Any ideas how I can word these better?
    Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by billiechic; 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM. Reason: name included

You can definitely put that in. We had asked for similar clauses to be put in my husband's court order.

Personally, I think short and straight to the point wording is best - leaves no room for misinterpretation. :-)

Comment

thanks. I've been working on it all day since he wants it tomorrow if possible. The sooner, the better, as he needs it to purchase my half of the home.

Comment

Don't forget to put that the parents are not allowed to take the child out of the city with intent to move, before filing a motion in the court 60 days prior.

I heard if that is not specified, then 1 parent can easily move and therefore has an advantage when it comes to the battle

Comment

right, thanks Edward

I am putting that we cannot move X number of kms away without written consent from the other, as I am intending to move in August/September 2010.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X