Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Of Authorities at Trial

Hi,

I know the Book of Authorities topic has been addressed extensively in the forum, unfortunately, I have not been able to find out whether the BOA is a requirement at trial; I am the Respondent and I am scheduled for a hearing end of the month.

Are there other materials I need to prepare, for example, a document brief etc?

Thanks you in advance

Are you self represented?

There's quite a bit you need to prepare for trial. Your TSEF should guide you on what and by what date.

You can read this guide to get an idea of what to eco and how to prepare:

https://www.galbraithfamilylaw.com/w...aw_final_2.pdf

It's not easy going to trial send rep. Make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Comment

Thank you so much. I am self-representing, and I am the Respondent. I have submitted the draft Opening statement, Request to admit facts, and all disclosures. Thank you for the resource, I find it very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by guydeluxe2018 View Post
        Thank you so much. I am self-representing, and I am the Respondent. I have submitted the draft Opening statement, Request to admit facts, and all disclosures. Thank you for the resource, I find it very helpful.
        You're welcome.

You'll need to bring five copies of every thing.
        - one for judge
        - one for registrar
        - one gor witness stand
        - one for OC
        - one for you

Every page should be numbered and you should be able to find it in a pinch.

The other thing I'd say is try to familiarize yourself with the rules of evidence. Much of the discussion during the trial will be on the admissibility of exhibits presented.

You're the respondent, so brown and Dunn will apply to you. Make sure you understand this.

Buy a high speed laser printed or two, lots of paper, binders, tabs, etc.

Comment

You are heaven-sent, can I PM you?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X