Simple divorce - Need opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple divorce - Need opinion

Our case has been ongoing since 5 yrs. Parenting plan, matrimonial house, spousal and child support everything has been finalized through arbitral award. Ex married in another country and they are living together here now . Ex is no longer motivated for a divorce (lack of response from both their lawyer and Ex). I directly contacted Ex to work without lawyer so that we can file for joint divorce, they agreed first but once they had the complete application ready for their signature, no response again. I then proceeded to file for a simple divorce. Ex knows I plan to marry as soon as I get divorced and I suspect that is why they are not cooperating/delaying. What would be the best way to deal with this? My lawyer suggests an in-person motion but I know it will be another 5-6K. I guess I want to know how does the simple divorce process works if the other party proceeds to respond with Form 10: Answer.

Is polygamy illegal in Canada? If they married in another country and consider that legit for their life here is that not illegal? If the answer is yes, report them!

I can't see why you can't self rep in court for a motion. Have the lawyer look over your materials and then go to court yourself!

Comment

Who says you need a lawyer for this?
      File the paperwork. I think it is called colliery relief. Everything else was taken care of and signed off on.

I think your question might be: What is there to stop me from getting the divorce?

Comment

How urgent is the divorce? Are you able to serve her with documents in her home country?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X