Spouse not ready for mutual divorce,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse not ready for mutual divorce,

We live together for the sake of kids but is suspicious of her trying wrong means like poisoning, accident to get my savings. I do not have a living will and am near 20 yrs of marriage
    ANy kind of living will that can prevent her plan and I could reserve the savings for my kids who turn 11 soon?
    Also any proper math that can tell after how many yrs will I have to provide her alimony forever ?

If you are concerned that she is actively trying to kill you then you should be taking some other actions rather than just divorce. Including gathering evidence because thats a pretty serious accusation.

As she is your next of kin I'm not sure you can circumvent her and leave stuff to the kids. That would require an estate lawyer. If you were divorced yes you can leave it to the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by divorceakai View Post
      We live together for the sake of kids but is suspicious of her trying wrong means like poisoning, accident to get my savings. I do not have a living will and am near 20 yrs of marriage
      ANy kind of living will that can prevent her plan and I could reserve the savings for my kids who turn 11 soon?
      Also any proper math that can tell after how many yrs will I have to provide her alimony forever ?
      https://www.mysupportcalculator.ca/

This is pretty reliable. There are a lot of factors.

As someone that finally left a relationship when my former spouse tried to kill me, money considerations are secondary. Cut your losses. Get yourself peace of mind and safety. Talk to a lawyer first.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X