Divorce years after court order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce years after court order

The corollary relief issues in this relationship were resolved in 2010. In the resulting court order from that preceding, the first term is "The dissolution of marriage is severed from the corollary relief issues, and may proceed uncontested at the instance of either the applicant or the respondent. The party applying for the divorce order shall pay the cost thereof."

As far as I'm aware there are no outstanding corollary relief issues currently. My current question is, could the other party bring up what they feel to be further corollary relief issues by contesting the divorce, or would the divorce indeed be severed from any further corollary issues?

I just want something to go slightly easy with this divorce.

Originally posted by Cannichcrow View Post
    The corollary relief issues in this relationship were resolved in 2010. In the resulting court order from that preceding, the first term is "The dissolution of marriage is severed from the corollary relief issues, and may proceed uncontested at the instance of either the applicant or the respondent. The party applying for the divorce order shall pay the cost thereof."

As far as I'm aware there are no outstanding corollary relief issues currently. My current question is, could the other party bring up what they feel to be further corollary relief issues by contesting the divorce, or would the divorce indeed be severed from any further corollary issues?

I just want something to go slightly easy with this divorce.
    No. Read what you put in "" carefully.

The dissolution of marriage is severed from the corollary relief issues, and may proceed uncontested at the instance of either the applicant or the respondent. The party applying for the divorce order shall pay the cost thereof.
    They can bring whatever they want to court but, it can't be, from my understanding, attached to the "uncontested divorce" which is severed from the corollay relief issues. You want the "divorce stamp" then you "syall pay the cost thereof" for the paperwork and procedure. Around 800$ or something in Ontario I think.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X