No announcement yet.

Case Conference - Forms Required?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Case Conference - Forms Required?

    Can anyone let me know what forms I am required to submit and at what point for an upcoming Case Conference (2nd week of March). In addition do they have to be filed in person or can they be faxed, couriered etc. I live an hour or so away from the court at which the case conference is being held. Thanks.....

  • #2
    Is the forthcoming conference a Case Conference or Settlement Conference?

    Which party arranged the conference?

    Either way for a Case Conference you will require Form 17A (Case Conference)or 17C (Settlement Case Conference) depending on what type of case conference it is.

    The other form you may require is form 17 - (conference notice) if your the moving party for the conference.

    You will also have to file and serve and updated financial form for the conference.

    If your the moving party, Form 17 (Conference Notice) and Form 17A Case Conference Brief OR Form 17C along with your updated financial has to be served and filed 7 days before the date of the hearing.

    You will also require to file at the court house form 14C confirmation at least 2 days before the conference.



    • #3
      You're probably the respondent, right? And I'd guess you don't have a lawyer, right? Good for you!

      The forms you should have received from your ex's lawyer are a Form 8, Form 13, and a Form 17. I suggest you hurry up and start filling out the required forms, it takes a while.... Look through the forms that have been sent to you very carefully, and everything you need to know is in there. I don't know the details of your case, but you'll probably need to get your hands of your last 3 year's income tax returns.

      Have fun!


      • #4
        My ex's lawyer arranged the conference so is it safe to assume that I am the respondent? (even though I was the applicant on the original Form 8) Just not sure if it's a case of 'once an applicant - always an applicant'.


        • #5
          Unless your court file number changed, then you're still the applicant. Not that there's anything wrong with being the respondent...


          • #6
            Either party can bring forth a case conference. Be sure to serve and file form 17A before 2 p.m. 4 days before the date along with an updated financial statement.

            Before 2 p.m. 2 days before the date of the conference you will need to ile form 14C with the court Registrar.



            Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.