Legal question, transcripts family law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal question, transcripts family law

Question: if a respondent has 2 family law matters before the court with 2 different applicants can an applicant request the transcripts from the other matter, respondent has 2 different narratives for the same time period, issue is that one matter was a 3 week trialhust finished and for appicant #2 it would cost thousands to obtain those transcripts which would condradict respondents claims, how can I attain transcripts without spending substantial funds. Purpose is to show court the deceit by respondent. Any input would be appreciated.

You can purchase portions of the transcripts such as days one and four of the trial or only the transcripts of the testimony of specific witnesses. My lawyer has requested select portions of my arbitration and not all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Victorviola View Post
      Purpose is to show court the deceit by respondent.
      I believe unless it's a child protection case or the judge makes it private, most cases are available for anyone to order. You'll have to pay for it but you could claim it with a cost award. That said, you could spend hundreds to prove ex is a liar... then what?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X