No announcement yet.

Contested divorce taking forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting on divorce to be finalized, signed off on by the judge at the court

Divorce process started almost 4 years ago

Divorce paperwork is all completed, sitting in the courthouse, signed by both parties, separation agreement attached etc. Partners lawyer contacted him a couple months ago, one date was missing, they provided it

Now we are waiting for some sort of acknowledgement that divorce is finalized, divorce certificate

Change in circumstance, I have been diagnosed with late stage terminal cancer and my partner and I want to get married. We've been together for 7 years. Literally the only thing holding us back is this divorce going through that had been so long in the making

Still.. I am under the impression that circumstances aside there is probably nothing we can do to get the ball rolling on this. So, I guess we sit around for more months on end for this divorce to go through? Seems pretty lengthy... Is the court system backed up or something?

Comment

We want to get married in the fall but we cannot pick a date because we have no word on the divorce being finalized. We don't know when it will be. I have limited life expectancy, maybe a couple of years, give or take? But it's gotten to the point where this divorce process has been holding us back from living our life and moving forward

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X