No announcement yet.

filed a motion but had an error

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • filed a motion but had an error


    I filed a motion BUT there was an typo in it.
    I wanted a support clause changed:

    From: Mary will pay Bob $350 a month in spousal support
    to: Mary will pay Bob $350 a month is spousal support via FRO.

    On the motion paper I mistakenly put:
    Mary will pay bob $50 a month in spousal support via FRO.

    In may affidavit I have the right terms and the terms cannot be changed.

    What do I need to do to correct the error?

    thank you.

  • #2
    Assuming your minutes of settlement is correct and only typo is in draft order, I would call the court and speak to the court staff and bring the typo in draft order to their attention. Maybe they will ask you to email a new/corrected copy.

    Assuming, the court order with typo is already signed by the judge, then I believe as per the Family Law Rules, you need to bring a procedural motion to correct the order.

    In any case, the court staff should be able to guide you.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk


    Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.