Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Rep

Hi,

Does a self rep need a witness signature when signing documents such as minutes of settlement or offers to settle?

If yes, who can witness it?

Does a self rep need a witness signature when signing documents such as minutes of settlement or offers to settle?

If yes, who can witness it?
    Yes a witness is often necessary. Anyone who isn't the opposing party can do it.

Comment

Does anyone know the procedure of turning the minutes of settlement into a final order during Covid with the courts closed?

Comment

It depends on your jurisdiction. If you are in Ontario google the name of the court you have been using (either Superior Court of Ontario Court) and “notice to the profession”. Read them, and read any relevant Regional Notices as well. The directions are pretty clear. So, for example, in my jurisdiction with the Court I am using I would electronically file a consent 14b motion via Family Submissions Online (Caselines has not yet been fully rolled out). The Courts will eventually get around to it. I’ve had a 14b motion (from the other side) that has not had a judgement more than two weeks after filing.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X