Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary change of location for pickup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kate331
    replied
    Sounds like tensions are running high ahead of your court date. How is it not in the kids best interest to go for a swim and dinner at extended family?

I'd ignore it especially since it makes his trip shorter and on his way home.

Thh1 , I'd start doing drop offs/pick up, sorry to say but it sounds like your being"whipped".

Leave a comment:

• Mom 2 Two
    replied
    Originally posted by Janus View Post
    Generally, exchanges should be "drop off" rather than "pick up". I think that would avoid almost 90% of the issues we often hear about on this forum.

In this case, why not offer to drop off? Then you can go to the dinner, and ex could be happy, and kids could be happy. Kumbaya all around.

That would be feasible except he lives 45 mins out of town. Works where the kids an I reside. So I suppose if I could drop them at 7:45 the sure. But not likely would he agree to this. :-(. So kids will
    Miss out again I guess. Waiting on my lawyer to chime in. Such a waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• thh1
    replied
    Originally posted by Janus View Post
    Generally, exchanges should be "drop off" rather than "pick up". I think that would avoid almost 90% of the issues we often hear about on this forum.

In this case, why not offer to drop off? Then you can go to the dinner, and ex could be happy, and kids could be happy. Kumbaya all around.
    You are right! But my ex did not allow me to drop off, only she pick up. Plus she always half hour to one hour earlier. How to avoid it?

Leave a comment:

• Janus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rockscan
    replied
    You say to him that its in the childrens best interest to see and spend time with family and that ďweĒ should allow them every opportunity for activities they enjoy and that encourage physical activity.

Or that there is nothing the agreement stating where they are to be picked up and if they choose not to gather them from there then they can pick them up from your place at x time.

Or ignore.

Someone else may have a different idea. Your ex is being difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Mom 2 Two
    started a topic Temporary change of location for pickup.

Temporary change of location for pickup.

My kids are invited to dinner tonight at their aunts. She has a pool. So I texted ex asking him to please collect the kids from her house at his normal pickup time instead of mine.

As usual I am met with a long email explaining how he (gf) interprets the SA and how itís not in the kids best interest to disrupt routine. He picked them up from there all summer last year so they could have swimming lessons.

She doesnít live out of the way either. Itís actually closer for him to get them their in relation to his trip home.

He told me itís inconsistent routine for the kids. And not in their best interests. And if I canít have them at my home then I should deliver them to west Lorne.

Our SA does not state a pickup location. Only that he is to drop them to their home upon return.

Do I just go with the plan? Or do I make the kids miss dinner with family to suit him. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X