Results of motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of motion

So I went to my motion last week. The judge decided to reserve his decision and recommended that we should work something out and settle. I will send a final offer before the judge decides, but the issue is that she does not budge from what she wants even though it is unreasonable and refuses to negotiate with me. I know She will never accept any offers from me. She even told the judge what I offered and then said "that helps our daughter, but what about me?" The judge mentioned that my credibility was good and that the last judge thought so. She keeps saying that I'm unwilling to ever pay a penny, but I paid her for some expenses even when my daughter was not attending school. I have evidence showing that I did pay and she even admitted that I did, so she completely contradicts herself. It's so frustrating! In the meantime, does anyone have advice on what the next step should be?

It's good you sent a final settlement offer.

Sometimes, you can't do anything further, except let the judge decide. At least you're trying to settle.

Hopefully, you're properly asking for costs at each step.

Comment

I am asking for costs. The way it seemed when the judge talked to her at the end was that he was more on my side without actually saying so, but I could be wrong. We were never married and I've never paid spousal support, so I thought it sounded really bad that she said my offer helps my adult daughter but not her. I thought the point of child support for post secondary was to help the child, not her. She's not even paying anything towards my daughter's education, so it just sounded stupid when she said that.

Comment

Who is the moving party? I would just file for a motion date or trial date. She isnt going to budge and you wont agree so the next step is for a judge to decide and that has to be a motion or trial.

Comment

We already had our motion. The judge has reserved his decision and has recommended that while we wait, we should try to come to an agreement before his decision is made. I know that an agreement will not happen since she will never be reasonable. She has been the moving party from the beginning. I've already made more than one reasonable offer, so I don't know what the point of making another one will be, even though I will anyway. I'm just anxious to see what his decision will be.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X