Ex has moved away with our children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex has moved away with our children

So, it finally happened: the ex has moved 700 kms away with our children. This comes after 10 years of on-going parental alienation where I rarely had a chance to see them. She didn't notify her lawyer, she didn't notify OCL, and we found out after it ws already done. My eldest is turning 18 in the fall, and I was so looking forward to them not being under their mom's influence. I don't think involving the authorities would make much of a difference, and going to court is not an option. I'm just sad that she still carries a grudge after 10 years.

How old are your other children? Do you have any sort of court order? For this to be going on for 10 years surely there is some court order ?

That being said if your children are all in their teens even a court order may be be able to force them back. Best advice is to keep in contact. Send cards, Birthday and Christmas gifts, keep reaching out, inviting them for a weekend or a week... just don't stop trying. They are become adults and maybe once they are in post secondary they will start being the bosses of their own lives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

any access order in place? I would file a contempt motion and get authorities involved. it may not get you what you want, but it will teach her a lesson and hopefully be a wake up call to all the professionals who clearly failed to do anything useful in last 10 years.

Comment

any access order in place? I would file a contempt motion and get authorities involved. it may not get you what you want, but it will teach other parent a lesson and hopefully be a wake up call to all the professionals who clearly failed to do anything useful in last 10 years.

It may very well be a decision the child (now adult) has made, but most likely influenced by other parent.

Comment

Originally posted by Heart-broken dad View Post
          So, it finally happened: the ex has moved 700 kms away with our children. This comes after 10 years of on-going parental alienation where I rarely had a chance to see them. She didn't notify her lawyer, she didn't notify OCL, and we found out after it ws already done. My eldest is turning 18 in the fall, and I was so looking forward to them not being under their mom's influence. I don't think involving the authorities would make much of a difference, and going to court is not an option. I'm just sad that she still carries a grudge after 10 years.
          10 years ?! like the other responses, no court orders ? why isn't going to court an option ?

I was in the same boat and got my a*s into court with an urgent motion asap. Do it yourself if you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Heart-broken dad View Post
            That's so sad. I'll probably be in the same situation as yours in the next 5 years when my kids will still be young (daughter will be 16 and son only 10). My kids are heavily alienated since 5 years now and I still keep fighting to stay in their lives, my ex tried to loose track by moving to an unknown address last year so hiding where my kids lives (with her), at the end of the day we're just soldiers for our kids, that's our destiny. Keep on fight bro and keep on touch with your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
              That's so sad. I'll probably be in the same situation as yours in the next 5 years when my kids will still be young (daughter will be 16 and son only 10). My kids are heavily alienated since 5 years now and I still keep fighting to stay in their lives, my ex tried to loose track by moving to an unknown address last year so hiding where my kids lives (with her), at the end of the day we're just soldiers for our kids, that's our destiny. Keep on fight bro and keep on touch with your kids.
              She moves against court order?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X