guys...quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys...quick question

can the same Judge who was on my last settlement conference, can come in again in family matter ?

I heard in Ontario if one Judge was on case conference/settlement conference or trial management, they can't come again.

last settlement conference went pretty bad...as the Judge was totally biased ?

Please advise.

Thanks

and second, anyone can provide me Offer to settle PDF ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by fakemarriage View Post
      can the same Judge who was on my last settlement conference, can come in again in family matter ?

I heard in Ontario if one Judge was on case conference/settlement conference or trial management, they can't come again.

last settlement conference went pretty bad...as the Judge was totally biased ?

Please advise.

Thanks
      Judges hearing SC, CC and TMC can be the same judges. But, the judges from conferences cannot hear a motion or trial. That is how the Rule works. So yes, you can get the same SC judge over and over again but, you cannot get them as a motion or the trial judge.

Move the matter to motion if the judge overseeing the SC isn't working out maybe?

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

second settlement happened this friday

and I got the same biased Judge per my first settlement conference.

guys...can she come on my trial management now ?

she's totally biased and doesn't want to listen to anything

please advise

Comment

Hmmm...might I ask how you are conducting yourself in front of this female Judge i.e. your decorum? I mean if you are going there (don't know if you are), going in there being belligerent, you can see how she might just tune you out.

Just playing devil's advocate

and I got the same biased Judge per my first settlement conference.

guys...can she come on my trial management now ?

she's totally biased and doesn't want to listen to anything

please advise

Comment

yes female Judge, and she doesn't want to listen to anything.....

if I get her on trial management...I think she will yell more for no reason

13 months marriage...no kids..and no house....

Comment

yes female Judge, and she doesn't want to listen to anything.....

if I get her on trial management...I think she will yell more for no reason

13 months marriage...no kids..and no house....
                Sounds like you have met Justice Snowie.

Comment

all I can say....you're a senior member for a reason....

BANG ON....she's my Judge..and doesn't want to listen to anything

Comment

all I can say....you're a senior member for a reason....

BANG ON....she's my Judge..and doesn't want to listen to anything
                    Many people describe Justice Snowie in the same tone that you do. (Specifically lawyers.)

I would recommend you carefully listen to Justice Snowie. Yes, Justice Snowie is well known in the legal community as a very tough Justice. She isn't that friendly to anyone and really really really dislikes unrepresented litigants.

I would recommend anyone appearing before her to have counsel. Even counsel will have a tough time with her but, it generally involves less yelling.

FYI: The judge who has the loudest voice in Brampton Superior is Justice Lemon. He calls in people from the hall to listen to him yell at lawyers and litigants when he is REALLY mad about something someone is doing that is completely stupid.

The other problem you face is that you don't have kids involved and are in the court system. Brampton Superior has one of the highest volumes in case management and they really really really hate when matters don't involve kids clogging up the SCJ. So, you have another challenge in that your matter is probably not important enough. They generally schedule all the matters that deal with children as the priority.

So, you are fighting a bunch of factors. You are possibly seen as an un-der-prepared litigant as a self rep., you have no children in the intimidate need of anything and are fighting about simply money. The most petty fight in Family Law to many judges.

Good Luck!
                    Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      Judges hearing SC, CC and TMC can be the same judges. But, the judges from conferences cannot hear a motion or trial. That is how the Rule works. So yes, you can get the same SC judge over and over again but, you cannot get them as a motion or the trial judge.

Move the matter to motion if the judge overseeing the SC isn't working out maybe?
                      wait what? i had all my conferences and motions heard by the same judge. this was in sheppard court

Comment

There are alot of Judges that are mentally deranged psychotic basket cases but I found a sure fire way to get rid of them from hearing my case.

Just file a complaint about them with the Judicial Council and they will dismiss your complaint (as they are there to protect Judges not discipline them) but the upside is that Judge is never assigned to your case again.

I've done this twice and that gets rid of them. They have never been assigned to my case again.

Comment

^
                          Now that is indeed a "desperate" move

Comment

Oh Geez.

I went in front of her once in Milton. DISASTER. Wanted me to pay my former spouse more money than was allowed for SS.

I just sat there and let her beak off. It was kind of like a hockey game, where you have someone chirp you from their bench.

My lawyer at the time, advised me to just sit there and not get emotional. He did the same. Complete waste of court dollars.

Thankfully, I never had to see her again.

Comment

Justice Snowie is a Supernumerary (semi-retired or soon-to-be-retired) Judge. The likelyhood of Justice Snowie hearing a trial these days is incredibly low. Justice Snowie is part of an old guard big "C" conservative.

Supernumerary and Retired Judges

The best Justice to ever to hit the Brampton Superior Court was the Honourable Madame Justice Mossip.

Good Luck!
                              Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X