Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of you had Jeff as your lawyer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you had Jeff as your lawyer?

I need to hire a lawyer and because I live out of the provincem. If I pay the person, I want to know my rights, not just be brushed off. (like legal aid) My exs lawyer is a real hhhmmmmm not really sure how to say it nicely. So far I have been really really screwed because of my legal aid lawyer. I DO NOT recomend legal aid, its NOT worth it in the end. (or at least with my lawyer it wasnt, people think I should hire a lawyer to sue my legal aid lawyer LOL) I no longer qualify for legal aid because of the support I get, so now I have to find a new lawyer.

SO I am running out of time to contest the divorce, please tell me if you have hired him what yoru experience has been like. I am a little weary because of the huge retainer also. I have not met any lawyers who have asked for more than $1000 as a retainer. I realise no matter what you have to pay legal fees wether it be 500$ or 5000$, I am just surprised that its different than many otehr lawyers (well at least the ones I have contacted so far)
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

mtlmom,

If you still in Quebec and the children are there with you; The proceedings are generally held where the children reside. It would be more cost efficient if you retained a lawyer where the children reside.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X