No announcement yet.

Can community sniff test this please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can community sniff test this please ?

Hi community,

my STBX writes the following in an email:

I have been completely fair about access to date. In York Region a separation agreement is required before you can see the children. You bypassed this critical issue and has not stabilized our family situation.

What is STBX talking about with a separation agreement being required ?

Hilarious bullsh*t statement from a high conflict gatekeeper IMO.

Keep that one - it may come in handy in the future. LOL

Comment

Well that's bull shit you smell.

The law governing custody is provincial and is the same in all areas of a Ontario. No special rules for York Region.

The law says: 20. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this Part, the father and the mother of a child are equally entitled to custody of the child. R.S.O. 1990, c. C.12, s. 20 (1).

You have the right to access by default. She must prove you're unfit. She must prove access by you is not in the best interest of the child.

The separation agreement has nothing to do with it.

You can warn her that restricting access puts into question her ability to understand the best interest of the child and potentially jeopardizes her fitness for custody.

Comment

??? Never heard of that before. Separation agreements can take years to finalize, it would make no sense to require parties to have one before parents can have access to the children. It would penalize the children.

Comment

I would ask her to point you to exactly where it says that in the York municipal code. You don't need a sniff test, you already know.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            Hilarious bullsh*t statement from a high conflict gatekeeper IMO.
            I agree with Arabian here. Your ex is uttering nonsense.

Comment

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh tonight.

I'm sure a judge would find that amusing as well. Or enraging. Or both.

Comment

Tell her that until an agreement is in place you won't be paying child support. If you have no right to see your children until an agreement is in place, she has no right to support until an agreement is in place!

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                  Tell her that until an agreement is in place you won't be paying child support. If you have no right to see your children until an agreement is in place, she has no right to support until an agreement is in place!
                  That kind of runs contrary to the prevailing advice that is out there, doesn't it? In most cases, I've seen folks on this forum advise people to keep their support and access matters separate, and pay support regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Straittohell View Post
                    That kind of runs contrary to the prevailing advice that is out there, doesn't it? In most cases, I've seen folks on this forum advise people to keep their support and access matters separate, and pay support regardless.
                    It is separate but if she thinks she gets to dictate the terms then you should be able to as well. Anyways it was more of a tongue in cheek than actual advice.

Comment

That sounds like an excellent way to give up the moral high ground, come across as a jerk and increase conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
                        That sounds like an excellent way to give up the moral high ground, come across as a jerk and increase conflict.
                        Clearly you missed the post where I said it was more tongue in cheek? Of course withholding support is not right and either is withholding access. She has a silly reason for withholding access and it would be equally as silly to withhold support.

Everyone calm down. It was a joke, just move on with your day and have a great one!

Comment

OMG! OMG! OMG! Reminds me of someone sooo much!

As everyone said, this is BS and nothing else. I live in York region too. Ask her for a link or a document proof or this BS does not exist in the nature of things.

But WOW, even the language is exactly the same, "bypass" etc... Someone is trying to be a smart ass. WOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                            Clearly you missed the post where I said it was more tongue in cheek? Of course withholding support is not right and either is withholding access. She has a silly reason for withholding access and it would be equally as silly to withhold support.

Everyone calm down. It was a joke, just move on with your day and have a great one!
                            Wow. I just woke up and having my morning coffe and read B-F post nd laughed. i knew it was a joke remark. Maybe morning coffee is required before reading posts.

On the subject of the original post. i believe there is a certain element of person out there who feels if they say or write something down it becomes fact. My daughter has lots of email stating " quotes from family law " that simply do not exist. Its a sign of agressive bullying taxtics. Rather like LF32's ex's lawyer. Say it and see what happens!

So just have a calm factual response back. You should start requesting ample time with the children. Assuming 50/50 is the norm and send poliete request to,have the children in your care. Outline your plans re getting them to school, daycare and activites etc but make it quite clear that you expect to have your children on a shared and equal basis. Of course she will deny, but then you have documented proof she is denying your parental rights.

Or you could just abduct them and hide JOKE JOKE JOKE. !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                              Wow. I just woke up and having my morning coffe and read B-F post nd laughed. i knew it was a joke remark. Maybe morning coffee is required before reading posts.

On the subject of the original post. i believe there is a certain element of person out there who feels if they say or write something down it becomes fact. My daughter has lots of email stating " quotes from family law " that simply do not exist. Its a sign of agressive bullying taxtics. Rather like LF32's ex's lawyer. Say it and see what happens!

So just have a calm factual response back. You should start requesting ample time with the children. Assuming 50/50 is the norm and send poliete request to,have the children in your care. Outline your plans re getting them to school, daycare and activites etc but make it quite clear that you expect to have your children on a shared and equal basis. Of course she will deny, but then you have documented proof she is denying your parental rights.

Or you could just abduct them and hide JOKE JOKE JOKE. !!!!!
                              You make me laugh

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X