This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office of Children's Lawyer Question?

My ex apparently is not being that forthcoming signing documents so the social worker can gain access to his medical records, etc.

Does anyone know what the process is for her going to court to get the judge to release those documents?

Thanks
    Mominont

mominont,

It is to your advantage in your claims if the individual does not co-operate with the office of the Children's lawyer. The court will not condone this conduct of the individual for non-cooperation.

When the matter does go back to court; Office of the Children's Lawyer will have to report the conduct and non cooperation. The court will most likely infer that the individual is not able to parent the child effectively.

lv

Comment

I don't think he's on a good path..

Yes its definatly to my advantage..so that the courts can see I'm not being unfair in what I'm asking.

My daughter's father had supervised visitation today from 9 - 3:30, the social worker made her appointment to show up at 11AM to watch their interaction. He showed up just after noon. My ex-MIL told me, the social worker wasn't too happy as she now has to schedule another visit.

mominont

Comment

mominont,

Its not a very good first impression to the social worker who is going to be writing a report on parenting arrangements of your child. Most times the court gives great weight to these parenting assessments when determining the best interest of the child.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X