This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce

Getting a divorce after 7 years we have 2 kids 11, and 15 haven't gotten child support in 5 years, went to legal aid and did nothing for me except a seperation and a interm order where the kids are with me 60% of the time. Now want a divorce don't want nothing from him, keeping the interm order the same. Hired a lawyer to get a uncontested divorce but now my ex won't give me any info like a T4 slip or nothing my lawyer says i need that before i can get a divorce does anyone know if thats true or not or is my lawyer going to take me for more money grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Christine64,

Yes that is correct. The Judge will confirm that a reasonable amount of child support is being paid reflective of the child support guidlines and a payor's current income before they would grant a Divorce.

lv

Comment

I'm not asking for no child support, just want a divorce how can i get info then about his finances if he won't give me nothing what do i do then?

Comment

The Judge would still want to confirm that a reasonable amount of child support is being paid for the children. A "Reasonable" amount is considered the guidline amount in regards to ones repective salary.

lv

Comment

He isn't working far as i know he is going to school fulltime, if the judge orders childsupport then ok but how do i get information about his finances when he won't give i to me, i even told him to fax it to my lawyer he won't do it. Is there anyway i can get it like can a judge supeona him to give his T4 slip from last year?

Comment

Christine64,

You will have to start an application with the court and serve him. He would have to Answer and provide full financial sworn disclosure.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X