This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to United States

As I mentioned before, we are moving to the U.S. and have some questions.

The issues about child support is not put to rest yet and I am waiting for my ex's lawyer to serve me with some papers - request for a motion to vary the c.s., etc. I will be moved by the time the case conference will happen. How can I work with that?? Can I request some kind of teleconference or something? I have heard that if you do not show up for court or something, it will be in the other partie's favour and I could get @*#!!

2nd question is: Can my ex request my financial information next year from the united states? If she asks for it, am I obliged by law to give it to her?

Mr. ReadyNow,

as you mentioned,

The issues about child support is not put to rest yet and I am waiting for my ex's lawyer to serve me with some papers - request for a motion to vary the c.s., etc. I will be moved by the time the case conference will happen. How can I work with that?? Can I request some kind of teleconference or something? I have heard that if you do not show up for court or something, it will be in the other partie's favour and I could get @*#!!
    I would advise the other parties lawyer and registered letter and advise the court of the new international address. Perhaps negotiate the support amount before you leave.

2nd question is: Can my ex request my financial information next year from the united states? If she asks for it, am I obliged by law to give it to her?
    Yes

read the child support guidelines of the Family Law Act on this issue

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/R...391_e.htm#BK31

Section 25

25. (1) Every parent or spouse against whom an order for the support of a child has been made must, on the written request of the other spouse or the person or agency entitled to payment under the order not more than once a year after the making of the order and as long as the child is a child within the meaning of these guidelines, provide that other spouse, or the person or agency entitled to payment under the order, with,

(a) the documents referred to in subsection 21 (1) for any of the three most recent taxation years for which the parent or spouse has not previously provided the documents;

(b) as applicable, any current information in writing, about the status of any expenses included in the order pursuant to subsection 7 (1); and

(c) as applicable, any current information, in writing, about the circumstances relied on by the court in a determination of undue hardship. O. Reg. 391/97, s. 25 (1).

lv

Comment

Thanks lv... That was super quick and very helpful..

Comment

MRN,

no prob, glad I could help.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X