What is a "speak to" with a judge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a "speak to" with a judge?

Was at case conference with a DRO. Next step is a "speak to" with our original trial judge. Trial was less than 1 year ago - I have the trial decision but still awaiting costs decision. What happens at a "speak to"? What can be decided? Can a motion be dismissed if all issues in the motion are the same as what was litigated at trial? Basically ex filed a motion to change instead of appealing the trial decision.

Originally posted by CrazyDaisy View Post
    Was at case conference with a DRO. Next step is a "speak to" with our original trial judge. Trial was less than 1 year ago - I have the trial decision but still awaiting costs decision. What happens at a "speak to"? What can be decided? Can a motion be dismissed if all issues in the motion are the same as what was litigated at trial? Basically ex filed a motion to change instead of appealing the trial decision.
    The justice can't do much and really it is a "conference" without the paperwork. Nothing substantial can be ordered.

Comment

My "speak to" is on Monday. I'll let you know the purpose, if any. I've been made aware that the other side will be asking for an adjournment to a later date.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X