Do any lawyers respond to posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any lawyers respond to posts

I am new to this forum both using it and viewing it only in the last 24 hours.
    Do lawyers respond to these posts at all? Or am I reading the opinions of experienced and informed lay people and the occasional bitter jilted soul?

There are some members from the legal profession but posters are not acting as lawyers, they will not give you legal advice. There are professional restrictions and liabilities.

There are many here who have been through court system and are speaking from experience, and also many who self-repped.

Any information you receive should either have some kind of citation or real-life example to back it up, or else you should take it with a grain of salt.

If you want a lawyer's advice you should hire one.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to educate myself online etc. before consulting a lawyer in earnest with some well formulated questions. Reading and posting is useful to find out what I need to know.

Comment

I think OrleansLawyer is in fact a Lawyer and there is one other whose name escapes me.

This sight is awesome. I've never (virtually) met a more supportive bunch of people.

A lot of self reps have excellent knowledge or similar situations.

Welcome.

Comment

Working Woman - I responded in more detail to your other post in the "19 year old daughter" thread.

I started 2 years too late in this forum... You are on the right path by asking these questions now *before* consulting a lawyer. I certainly wish I did.

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
            I think OrleansLawyer is in fact a Lawyer and there is one other whose name escapes me.

This sight is awesome. I've never (virtually) met a more supportive bunch of people.

A lot of self reps have excellent knowledge or similar situations.

Welcome.
            OrleansLawyer is a self-described monkey banging on a keyboard with a rock.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the candid talk.
              I am already finding this place to be a productive coping strategy.

Comment

I would be cautious before trusting what people say about themselves online.

OrleansLawyer is a self-described monkey banging on a keyboard with a rock.
                Only on good days. The bad days, I am banging on a rock with a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
                  I would be cautious before trusting what people say about themselves online.

Only on good days. The bad days, I am banging on a rock with a keyboard.
                  I can tell Orleanslawyer has some legal training by the way he/she responds when I make an error of fact in my posts

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                    I can tell Orleanslawyer has some legal training by the way he/she responds when I make an error of fact in my posts
                    Agreed. His response structure is a "tell". Plus, another member did provide "kudos" to OrleansLawyer for...services...of a legal nature... So I'm more inclined to believe "lawyer", than "monkey banging on a typewriter". :-) Either way, I'm glad he is present on the forums.

Comment

Why did I think OrleansLawyer was a women??

Comment

Why did I think OrleansLawyer was a women?
                        Why don't you?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X