X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a divorce

Intro:
    1. Wife filed for divorce and other stuff.
    2. I claimed divorce in my response.
    3. Got our final order a year ago.
    4. But no divorce yet.

How to get it now? I went to court to file for a divorce (just this one claim) but they say original claim is still pending. Now, either one of us has to withdraw claim for divorce for the other one to proceed with the "second part". Does it makes sense? Why should we withdraw claim for divorce if we both want it?

Next question, suppose my ex does not want to withdraw nor to proceed with the second part. What do I do then? I wanted to avoid lawyers as this is mere formality at this stage.

Originally posted by randomjohndoe View Post
    Intro:
    1. Wife filed for divorce and other stuff.
    2. I claimed divorce in my response.
    3. Got our final order a year ago.
    4. But no divorce yet.

How to get it now? I went to court to file for a divorce (just this one claim) but they say original claim is still pending. Now, either one of us has to withdraw claim for divorce for the other one to proceed with the "second part". Does it makes sense? Why should we withdraw claim for divorce if we both want it?

Next question, suppose my ex does not want to withdraw nor to proceed with the second part. What do I do then? I wanted to avoid lawyers as this is mere formality at this stage.
    Something does not add up as if you have a final order for divorce then you do have your divorce and may be just missing the certificate.

Otherwise it would mean that you do not have in fact your final divorce order.

Comment

Originally posted by Moolight View Post
      Something does not add up as if you have a final order for divorce then you do have your divorce and may be just missing the certificate.

Otherwise it would mean that you do not have in fact your final divorce order.
      We do not have a divorce order, order only deals with all the other claims, support and stuff. One can not get a divorce without a 1 year separation and we did not have until now.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X