Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The should have both addresses on file. It's not like joint custody was invented last week and the hospitals still have a lot of old forms to use up.

Comment

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
      My ex put her address on hospital files for childs cancer treatment. I once put mine and ex exploded.They dont send anything by mail. They call me FIRST for child's appointment reminder or anything else. School has my address as priority. Hospital cant have 2 addresses.

Is it important whose address is on file cuz our SA doesnt specify it.
      Hospital is full of crap.

There isn't a Hospital Information System in our country at any hospital that doesn't allow for multiple addresses on a client (patient) profile.

Comment

It hasn't intefered with my knowledge of future appointment so far.
        No material impact usually means it does not matter.

Will this play any role when we go to court?
        Do you not have a separation agreement?

Comment

Hospital can have note inserted on their screen that gives specific instructions for both parents to be notified. Request it and if they refuse politely ask to speak to a supervisor and explain your situation. I'm sure they will do their best to address the situation as I'm sure you two aren't the only "parents at war" out there.

Comment

Hey she can try all she wants. It's what's in the court order that counts. Chill. Do you have your daughter on your Alberta Health Care card under dependent? Do you have your daughter on any other health benefit plan?

Comment

Iceberg: I just happened on some info that you might be interested in. I got it off a forum that seems to be for guys in Alberta.

There is a group that meets every Tuesday evening from 7 - 9 at the Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre, upstairs in the offices, that you might want to talk to:

Equitable Child Maintenance and Access Society.

Check it out!

Comment

courts are bad for people who act like idiots, male or female.

If you end up in court, stick to facts and dont try to work against the rules, work with them. Not saying you would, but there is a certain poster on here who kept trying to get around the rules and rulings in court and keeps getting slapped with costs to try and teach them a lesson but they dont get it, they just keep racking up the costs against them. Rememeber you can be your own best friend or your own worst enemy when it comes to court.

Comment

Yikes - I just got their name off a local website. Sorry about that. Might be a sour grapes group. Old resourceful would be pleased I gave you that name. oops. It had appeared to me to be a men's support group. If it's a women-bashing group then I certainly don't endorse it or anything like it. Sorry again. Good for you for checking it out first hand.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X