This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just need some advice please ......

I have been married for 8 yrs. I met my husband in college and after a month i got pregnant so i coming from a good family with values decided i made the mistake i will have to live with it. So i tried to make things work. He had many many affairs more than i can even say on here and was a nasty angry drunk. After 5 yrs of this drama he finally decides to get help. So sure he quit drinking but personality is still the same which is mean and negative. So for the last 5 years he has been sober but we now have 3 children. I told him it was over 4 months ago and now we have been seperated for 3 months. He is turning very very nasty now. To the point that i have people afraid for my life I am not afraid because i have lived afraid for so many years its just apart of me now.Last nite he called freaking out and said he wants paternity on my 2 youngest children and i know its only because hes angry and mad. I was also told 3 weeks ago from a councillor he has seen for 5 years that he was diagnosed as a pychopath i was like omg what have i lived with for so many years. Now i guess im scared and want to do what he says but on the other hand should i just get a family lawyer and some good protection????? please HELP me cuz i dont know where to turn right now. I guess when u are controlled for aslong as i have u are lost when u are on your own.........

Hi lostandconfused,

This is a "Quick Reply" copied from another post I made, just to get it to you FAST:

"....vicitims of domestic abuse can obtain a certificate for free legal advise. Either your local women's shelter OR the Lawyer Referral Service offered by the upper canada law society can provide you with names of lawyers in your geographic area who are familiar with the dynamics of abusive relationships. I encourage you to investigate this option for starters. You can even request lawyers who will accept legal aid, should you qualify.

Here's a link to more info, maintained by the Ontario Women's Directorate.

There's lots of reading to do on that site.

More replies will surely follow. Welcome to the forum, it's been a godsend for me.

Comment

Hi lostandconfused,

First and foremost, if you feel that you are in physical danger, I suggest you call the police. Your and your children's safety is the number one priority.

You may also want to call the Children's Aid Society and see how they can help you (I have given you the Ottawa site). They may be able to get involved and protect your children from your spouse by obtaining an order for no access or supervised access.

I think mom22galz's suggestion re calling the Lawyer Referral Service may be a good idea. Their number is 1-800-668-7380. If you think you may be eligible for Legal Aid, contact them as well.

Lindsay

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X