This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response time and Client count

I am becoming frustrated with my lawyer, her legal assistant and their response time to send information to my ex' lawyer. I like every other aspect of dealing with her, which is causing me some difficulties because it's hard to find a lawyer with whom you 'click' and you both agree on approach.

I met her this week and she was going to send some financial information over to his lawyer. Still hasn't happened even though it's been approved/signed by myself. She told me she has over 70 clients, and it's usually the person that makes the most noise that gets handled quicker. She also has a big court case next week...so the next big part I need reviewed/drafted from her assistant won't even start until that is done.

Any suggestions ? is this normal as far as wait time, and client size ?

Thanks

Not really sure what the "norm" is, but I can speak to experience. My GF is currently going thru a Family court application and the NCP has a legal aid lawyer. The lawyer is very slow with disclosure. They had their first court conference last month and the legal aid lawyer showed up with a document that is critical to the NCPs defence. The legal aid lawyer didn't bring copies and said that she would send us a copy. To date (one month later), we haven't received it.

Comment

I guess this is normal in the legal world that we unfortunately are caught up in! I have spent $15,ooo so far and nothing has happened. When I sent my lawyer a email complaining about it he said that he had over 100 clients and if I wasn't,t happy I could find a new one. They got you over a barrel. They are the only winners.

Comment

Originally posted by judepude View Post
        I guess this is normal in the legal world that we unfortunately are caught up in! I have spent $15,ooo so far and nothing has happened. When I sent my lawyer a email complaining about it he said that he had over 100 clients and if I wasn't,t happy I could find a new one. They got you over a barrel. They are the only winners.
        Translation: Hire a lawyer with few clients.

Comment

May_May: 70 seems like a helluva lot :s Is she a sole practitioner?

Comment

No she's not the sole practitioner. It's a big practice...

I just dread switching to a new lawyer....I have been thinking about self representing and this just might push me to it ! (never mind about the money...that's a whole other issue)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X