Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > littleman

Conversation Between littleman and lorlaman
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. lorlaman
    08-09-2011 07:20 PM
    lorlaman
    Thanks littleman!
    I really appreciate your response. I just checked in today to see if there was a way of getting in touch with you.
    I have already been to a case conference and she was awarded 1,500/mo in spousal. Since we were together for more than 20 years, I will have to pay her indefinitely. She pays no child support and does not see the kids (12 and 15).

I am really eager to find any support to the divorce issue I asked about. This would reduce the relationship to 15 years and give me a break in the long run. Any help? I can find nothing regarding that in the FLA.

My pension fund advises she has no entitlement to my pension.

How does everything become marital property? We were never married but common law for almost 25 years?
  2. lorlaman
    06-21-2011 12:31 AM
    lorlaman
    Hi Littleman, can you please advise me here?
    My ex and I started living together in 1988. Shortly after, she received her divorce judgment. In 1996 and 1998, our daughters were born. In 1999, I received my divorce judgment. Now, in 2011, she is claiming we were in a common law relationship since 1988 (never married). Based on your "straight from the lawyer" comment, can we be legally represented as common law since 1999 or 12 years? She is making a claim for constructive trust and wants my pension. She has worked very little throughout the relationship and has no RRSP savings or a pension of her own.