This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news and wishful thinking

Well my daughter stayed overnight on the weekend! Nice to hear her say 'night night daddy'

So basically the issue should now be dismissed and we can move on - hopefully! We have a 4 way meeting coming up on wed and now that she allowed our daughter to stay at my place she can't say she doesn't trust me anymore (to the extent of not allowing her to stay). We just have to determine custody and stipulations in the agreement... but hopefully this will be settled in the 4 way meeting, we sign and we can move on with our lives.

I have 2 more days that she can change her mind again ...

Congratulations - that's fabulous! Thanks for the update.
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Sounds like progress is being made here!
      Excellent news, congratulations.

Comment

Catsvlion,

That is great news.

However, I am always cautious and suspicious of ones motives especially since they had a stance against it. Hopefully your ex won't make up some fallacious exaggerated story and say your daughter was extremely upset etc the following day due to the overnight experience.

Keep your guard up, trust is earned.

Comment

Yup it's always up... and ready for that throw from left field. (I've got too many in the face) It's funny though - when things are not hostile (so to speak) she's the nicest person ... she actually called me to see if she could work a Dr.'s appointment into my schedule and asked if I wanted to speak with our daughter before she hung up - in general we were amical towards each other which I've been telling her all along 'once this is settled things will calm down'. As the break that no lawyers or talk about the agreement was in place we actually did get along somewhat - and I got offered a lot more time w/ my daughter (overnights and all) I think she's ready to settle this time. I'll let ya all know tomorrow after the meeting - my fingers are crossed.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X