This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone! I have already entered a thread and thanks for the response....what to say and what not to say. My new one is Keep your friends close and your enemies closers. My enemy would be my x.He seems to feel safe with telling me what goes on in his life with him and the children,but really it is not really good for him when I am keeping track of all the things that he has been telling me. I am taking him back to court for full custoday and he told me to try and go for it that I will never get it. I am sure that I will because of what he has done to my children. We have joint custody. Our children has a more stable life with me then him. When he does have our children, 90% of the time they are at there grandmother's. He has left bruises on my son's body. Which he is being charged for.He has got into a car accident and my son was not wearing a seat belt and his poor little head went into the windshield and cracked it. My x is also a cronice pot smoker. Thou he has not done anything to my daughter physically, but mentally yes. He told me the reason why he is fighting me on this is because he does not want to pay child support. He will say anything and everything to make me look like a bad parent, which I am not to worried about when the kids know were they want to be. That is with me.My question is how much proof do I need and keeping a journal about what has been happening in the last year will help?

stressful,

Keeping a journal is a good idea. Basically what it will come down to is your word against his.

After hearing both sides it will be up to the courts to decide what is the best interest of the children and what custody situation would serve them best.

Keep documenting.

Comment

Journals

My x phones me tonight telling me that I have no chance in getting full custody of my job, what he does not know that I have got an new job 3 months ago which allows me to make my own hours with a great salary. The job before hand I did have was worked out on our joint custody of the kids. One week off and one week on. When I did not have the kids I worked all week and when i did have the kids I only worked Friday and Saturday nights.When I did have to work I would alwys ask their father if they could come over to his house then rather getting a babysitter. Is that a bad choice? He keeps throwing that in my face saying that does not look good for you.
      Himself has a job were he could go away for 3 months and the time it is his week he leaves the kids with his mom. Not asking me if I could have the children for when he is gone. His parents are not the easiest pple to get along with, they have alot of control over the kids when they are with their father. Not telling me any information when he is going to be back. When he does come back for the 4 days he is off a month he out spending his time with friends not his children. He must think that his parents have alot of pull in getting full custody of the kids. Do grandparents have a big factor in getting full custody for him? I know that it really comes down to he said she said, but what are they really looking for to decide on where the children will go?

Comment

Stressful,

The parents have first claim to custody of the children. Grandparents are sort of considered legal strangers so to speak.

If the children are primarily living with you now and are doing well, the courts would never interrupt this to give custody to grandparents.

You really need to take an hour and discuss it with a lawyer. Try not to be too influenced by what your ex is telling you. It appears that he is trying to coerce you into believing his opinion of the law.

If your ex is leaving for a months at a time and relying on others to look after the children, this parenting plan is rather weak compared to yours. Children need stability in their life and your plan is far superior than his.

What will prevail is the best interest of the child. From what you have mentioned, you have rearranged your work schedule to accommodate the children and you appear to be very child centered.

Comment

Grandparent-Grandchild Access

If anyone's interested in this topic in more detail, one of the best papers about this topic is on the web at:
          http://www.justice.gc.ca/en/ps/pad/r...03-fcy-15.html

[The executive summary is what logicalvelocity said].
          Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X