This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mediation tommorrow

Hi everyone, I am getting a little nervious about my mediation schedule tom. at 1:45. Any advise? I have no attorney. My husband just got out of prision for dui an habital dwls. his criminal record is loooong. I was abused for 7 years and now he wants me to sale my home and give him half and pay his attorney, NOT!. He has been in prision over 1/2 our marriage.Nice guy huh. What was I thinking? lol, I live in florida and its a 50 50 state unless I can prove why he does not deserve it. I am a female contractor in brevard county and have worked hard on my own house from 2000 -2004 customizing it. Then 2 of the 4 hurricanes destroyed it and I had to rebuild while his little butt was getting 3 squares and a cot. This does not seem fair and I know each state has guide lines. But each state has loop holes don't it. any one know of some. lol thanks to all just for letting me blow off steam.

sailfishoney,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Have you consulted with a lawyer in preparation for the mediation session?

When it comes to mediation, I think the best thing is to go into it with an open mind and the intention to resolve at least some issues. Please keep in mind that the mediator is a neutral party and will encourage you and your spouse to come to an agreement that is fair and reasonable for the both of you.

A downside to mediation is that both parties have to be willing to negotiate. If a party is not willing to compromise on any outstanding issues, mediation is pointless. Whether mediation will be successful really depends on the relationship between the parties and what issues are at hand. I think all parties should at least give mediation a try if there is a possibility that they can come to an agreement on some matters. It is certainly more cost-effective than negotiation through counsel.

Best of luck today! Please let us know how things went.

Lindsay
    Last edited by Lindsay; 01-04-2006, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X