Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claim reimbursement for not being able to have kids?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim reimbursement for not being able to have kids?

My husband and I have been married for over 5 years. Due to his health problem, we could not have chirldern. Recently we consider to separate, as I am over 41 years old, may not able to have children anymore at this age.

I wonder whether I can claim for the reimbursement from my husband for not able to have kids? Or what should I do with that?

Thank you any of your advices?

HOng

Liablity to support his mom's?

THis is an other question I need your expertise advice:

My husband is paying his mom’s condo apartment (mortgage, condo fee and food). Basically, he support his mom’s life. When we separate and split asset/liability, shall his support for his mom (mortgage, condo fee, food etc) be considered his liability too?

THank you very much!

Hong

Comment

Hong,

you cannot claim or collect any type of monetary amount of money for the reason that you and your husband are not able to have children even though the fault may exist with your husband ie: impotency. Review you marriage vows - for better or for worse, in sickness and in health.

Have you considered adoption?

In Ont, the family law act does have a clause that a parent can seek support from a child if in need.

It is seldom heard of in this day and age but the provision does exist.

It is seldom heard of a parent to take legal action to pursue a claim as most children will look after their parents when in need. I know I would.

The relevant statute can be found here,

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/S...sh/90f03_e.htm

Family Law Act R.S.O 1990, c. F.3

Section 32 deals with this issue

Obligation of child to support parent

32. Every child who is not a minor has an obligation to provide support, in accordance with need, for his or her parent who has cared for or provided support for the child, to the extent that the child is capable of doing so. R.S.O. 1990, c. F.3, s. 32.

Comment

Originally posted by Hong
        My husband and I have been married for over 5 years. Due to his health problem, we could not have chirldern. Recently we consider to separate, as I am over 41 years old, may not able to have children anymore at this age.

I wonder whether I can claim for the reimbursement from my husband for not able to have kids? Or what should I do with that?

Thank you any of your advices?

HOng

Not to be rude, but that is just wrong! Don't you have anything better to go on than that? To be honest that appuals me! So, I would not try that in court, however you maybe able to find some slick lawyer who can work with it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X