This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To trust again

For those who had their trust broken badly by their ex, have you found it difficult to trust again? I am having this problem now. I do not like to be in this position but it is quite difficult to begin trusting others when you have had your heart broken.

Kconnections,

I agree. It is very difficult to trust again. Take time for yourself. In time you will dismantle the wall brick by brick and you will be able to trust others again. Trust is earned and it is precious, not to be taken for granted.

Comment

Hey there Kconnections,
      I agree with the above...take your time...you know what? you shouldn't trust anyone at first...trust should be earned and if you meet the right person they will quickly earn it...otherwise be careful...there are many thieves of the heart out there and they should not be trusted. Be smart...take care of you first and any one who is trustworthy will respect that!!

Comment

Originally posted by nikitaforce
        Hey there Kconnections,
        I agree with the above...take your time...you know what? you shouldn't trust anyone at first...trust should be earned and if you meet the right person they will quickly earn it...otherwise be careful...there are many thieves of the heart out there and they should not be trusted. Be smart...take care of you first and any one who is trustworthy will respect that!!

I totally agree trust isnt something that comes easy or given to someone for christmas, you have to earn it. Although you can usually tell someone trust worthy within a few days/weeks of knowing them.

Comment

I think most people have at least a few major issues of broken trust in a relationship in their lifetimes. I also think it is something that is never possible to recover 100%. You are always going to be more cautious and wary as you move on. But that is the key, you must move on. You can't hold your next partner responsible for everything your ex did. If you do, you will find yourself never able to get into a relationship of real satisfaction.

Comment

My current partner is very trustworthy, so I dont believe that every relationship should have trust issues.
            Definitely a bad experience can taint you for life, but try not to let it make you believe you can never trust someone again, because that is just not true

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X