What would you like to accomplish in your divorce? Please rank your objectives by writing a "1" by your highest priorities, "2" by your secondary priorities, and so forth.
- Obtain sole custody of my children
- Work out a joint custodial arrangement with my spouse
- Minimise the amount of spousal support I have to pay
- Make sure that my pension is protected
- Minimise taxes payable due to divorce
- Keep expenses low
- Resolve issues as quickly as possble
- Minimise conflict with my spouse
- Stay in the matrimonial home with my children
- Protect my business from my spouse
- Structure a buyout of my spouse’s interest in my business
- Allow me to move to another city with my children
- Locate assets hidden by my spouse
- Sell the matrimonial home
- Ensure that I receive sufficient support for myself and my children
- Pay off joint debts
- Obtain a restraining order to prevent domestic violence
- Make sure my children have money for private school or university
- Protect my children from a "divorce war"
- Negotiate a separation agreement that both my spouse and I are happy with
- Prevent my spouse from moving away with our children
You're Invited to Call or E-Mail!
If you are considering divorce in Ottawa or the surrounding area -- or have already made your decision -- you're invited to email or call us. We'll explain how you can protect your legal rights, reduce the expense of divorce, and protect your children from undue emotional stress. Click here to contact us