Enter email to subscribe to Free Divorce Mini-Course
Divorce & Family Law MenuCanada Divorce Advice
Child Support Canada
Child Custody in Canada
Spousal Support (Alimony)
Family Law Procedure
Dating After Divorce
DNA Paternity Testing
Deciding on Divorce
Property Divorce Laws
Ontario Divorce Objectives
Legal Separation Canada
From: Behrendt Law Chambers
Subject: Your Uncontested Divorce
Note: This page only applies to divorces where one spouse is a resident of Ontario. If you live outside Ontario, OttawaDivorce.com recommends for your online divorce form preparation.
If you and your spouse have separated, you may want to get a divorce and move on with your life.
If you and your spouse have resolved all issues between the two of you, and you simply want a divorce, what you are looking for is called an "uncontested divorce."
An uncontested divorce simply ends your marriage, freeing you to close an old chapter of your life, and to move on to a new one. You're probably asking yourself....
for my Ontario uncontested divorce?
Let me give you four great reasons:
Reason one: Expertise. We are a law firm, not a paralegal firm. All of your divorce papers will be checked thoroughly by a lawyer.
Reason two: Your peace of mind. We only practice family law. Not some of this type of law, some of that type of law, and some divorces on the side. This is our area of expertise.
Reason three: You'll save time. If you handled your uncontested divorce by yourself, you'd have to spend a lot of time learning about court procedures, court rules and court forms. I'm sure you have better things to do with your time than this.
Reason four: We're here to help you every step of the way. If any questions or difficulties arise, we'll do everything we can to resolve them.
NO! In fact, our services are cheaper than those offered by many so-called "paralegal" firms.
Now you have 3 low-cost options as to how to proceed with your uncontested divorce in Ontario, Canada.
Option #1 - Purchase a book and the forms you need to do your own uncontested divorce. Click here to see the book and forms that I recommend for doing your own . This is the cheapest way of obtaining your own uncontested divorce.
Option #2 - Let Behrendt Law Chambers prepare all the legal papers for your uncontested divorce. We'll also provide you with complete instructions as to how to handle your divorce yourself. Our total fee for preparing your divorce documents and guiding you through the divorce court process is $149 + GST. For your convenience, you can pay by credit card.
Option #3 - Let Behrendt Law Chambers completely handle your uncontested divorce for you. The cost of this is $750 + GST and disbursements. (Please note: we require a retainer of $1500 to be paid; unused funds are returned to you when your divorce is complete.) For your convenience, you can pay by credit card.
Here's what to do next...
Contact us and we will email you a form to complete to obtain the information I need. Please fill it out and return it to me with payment. And within a short time your uncontested divorce will be started.
But before you order your uncontested divorce for Ontario, please review the requirements:
1. I am only handling an uncontested divorce for you. I am not providing you with any legal advice as to your family law rights and obligations.
2. You must have been separated from your spouse for at least one year. That's the law - I can't change it!
3. You or your spouse must have lived in Ontario for the last year.
4. You must know where your spouse is living.
5. There must be no issues -- such as child custody, support or property division -- that need to be resolved between you and your spouse.
6. For option #3, this is only for an uncontested divorce. If the divorce is contested, then you can decide whether you want us to represent you at our regular rates, someone else to represent you, or whether you will represent yourself. Regardless of what happens, we will complete and file all the paperwork for your divorce.
7. At the moment, we can only offer option #3 in Ottawa and the Greater Toronto Area.
Behrendt Law Chambers
P.S. I know that this is a difficult and uncertain time for you. By acting right away, your divorce will be completed earlier, and you'll be free to move on with your life.