This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly seperated

hi there when i first registered i had a million questions to ask everyone. now i feel blank. my common law partner and i decided to split because of the non stop fighting. i have two young children, and i'm quite young myself. i feel alone and scaired and don't know how to start this on my own. i'm in school, no job, and a rent and daycare payment closing in on me fast. where do i go from here? where do i pick up the pieces?

Start by applying for daycare subsidy TODAY. As a single student, you will have a much higher priority on the waiting list, but still, why not get that taken care of?

Comment

Get to a Family Law Information Centre (FLIC) quickly and get some advice from duty council and get as much information to read over as possible. You should also be able to get legal aid. You need to quickly apply for temporary child support, spousal support if eligible as well as section 7 expenses which includes daycare. The FLIC centre should help you with this.

One step at a time...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X