Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Notalawyer Notalawyer is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
Notalawyer is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Not taking sides but am tired of all this childishness

Hi I need some advice and I don't know where to turn. Unlike most people on this forum I am not going through a divorce. have never been married. My parents are actually divorced. I don't live with my mother or my father. Have not lived with either one for years. During the divorce, I also tried to stay neutral. This is slowly but surly changing. I have a brother who took my mother's side and is estranged from my father. He is nineteen and still in school. Or atleast my father thinks he is. He registered last Sept but apparently never went. He would go in the morning. then after attendance was taken he would go to his job. My father is paying support for my brother who lives with my mother and her new husband. I do not know if my father knows what is going on. I think he suspects this is happening but has no way of proving what is going on. If my bother is working full time why is my father paying support. My brother is working for my mother's new husband, so there is probably no employment records. This infuriates me. I doubt if my father has access to my brother's school records either. Whatever happened between my mother and my father has nothing to do with myself or my brother. My mother is doing this to get even with my father. As far as I am concerned she has alienated my brother from my father. They used to be so close and now they are not even speaking. I would like to report her, and get this stopped. But who to? Does anyone know? I don't want to get my mother in trouble, but I also don't want her to be using my father like this. I know it does not sound like it but I love both my parents but I am so tired of all the things my mother has been doing.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:37 AM
karmaseeker's Avatar
karmaseeker karmaseeker is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Here :)
Posts: 470
karmaseeker is on a distinguished road

No one to report it to but your father sadly.

Then he'll have to take care of it. Suggest he come on these forums to get some help.

It is interesting to hear it from the kids point of view.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Gary_P Gary_P is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
Gary_P is on a distinguished road

If I were your father I would like to know what you think is going on. All he needs to do is listen and then go get some legal advice. This is a simple case of calling your Mom to task on the support. If she tells the truth they can work it out. If she denies it then he can go back to court where the truth will come out.

Simply have a heart to heart. Tell your father "I want to tell you something and then it ends here". No need to get into deep conversations and get any deeper into the middle of a battle.
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 AM.