Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2005, 09:15 AM
kailenep kailenep is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
kailenep is on a distinguished road
Default Abandonment can I annual the marriage

I will have been married one year on the 19 of this month. I have a five month old and my husband went back to california for some court issues on september 23 and has decided to stay with his mommy and not let me know. I moved here from california is July and have to waiti 6months to become a registered floridian. However my husband and i were married in california last year and since his mom called me to say he is staying there, and he is avoiding me, I need to offically break it off. Can i annual the marriage or do i have to go through divorce proceedings now, due to abandonment. My second question is am i responsible for any of his debt that he leaved unpaid like utilitie bills or credit cards when they dont have my name on them?:
Old 10-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Jeff's Avatar
Jeff Jeff is offline
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Buried in paperwork
Posts: 593
Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

Hi kailenep and welcome to the forums!

You should really check with a lawyer as there are several complications to your situation. I think you'll need to stay in Florida a bit longer before divorce proceedings can be commenced there.

There's an article about annulment in Florida here:

It says:
It appears, however, that sexual intercourse operates as a complete ratification of a marriage otherwise voidable.

So, an annulment is probably not possible in your situation.

Here's an article about property division in Florida:

Again check with a local lawyer about your situation. You may also be able to proceed in California.
Ottawa Divorce
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 PM.