Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about
Default OttawaDivorce.com Encourages Fraud?

Please read Jeff's Blog regarding this subject. Apparently someone has reported him to the Law Society. With 463 current members and 131 active members, I'm hoping that all of you will take the time to reply to this blog.

I support Jeff and his web-site 100%. I find his information invaluable. I am also grateful to have these forums as a place to vent my fustrations and hopefully to help others through my own experiences.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:14 AM

god knows the truth will become famous soon enough

hi Grace, good morn'
what is this all about-fraud? I don't get it. For what? Jeff simply gives his legal advice and tries to help us out. can you explain this to me. How can someon be reported for fraud when they are going by the book?
thanks grace, have a great day and I hope things are going well in your 'neck of the woods'. bye for now
Old 02-23-2006, 10:51 AM

ladyluck is on a distinguished road

I posted on the blog, but I thought I'd say what I believe here too.

From my blog reply:
I don’t get this either. I haven’t seen any advice that “encourages” fraud. It simply shows people a nice environment to mingle and support each other. I also didn’t see anything on the site that couldn’t be found in some law book. JMO.

And here's more of what I think:
Whoever (do you know who filed the complaint?) filed this complaint must be either (1) jealous of the site's success; or (2) their jealous of some case Jeff's won...hmm... makes perfect sense to me.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:00 PM

gooddadgoingmad is on a distinguished road

Wow, I've read the blog and the allegations are so ridiculous. I literally sat in the chair upon reading it and shook my head. How anyone could interpret that as encouraging fraud is beyond me. Obviously the individual is not very bright!

Jeff, this must be very disappointing for you. I'm sure that the law society will see very quickly that this is simply someone's attempt to be malicious.

I'd like to add that it's very possible that the individual is a member of this site who didn't like what he/she was being told. Let's face it people, there are some very disturbed and strange people out there who are capable of far worse than this! I wonder if it's possible that someone wasn't getting the advice they wanted to hear and then lashed out.

I appreciate this site for it's open candor and good advice. I support it 100% and I hope this works out for Jeff. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:52 PM

CatvsLion is on a distinguished road

Where is this 'blog'?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

Thanks so much for everyone who has privately and publicly expressed their support. I really appreciate it. It is disconcerting to get a complaint like that and your support means a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatvsLion
Where is this 'blog'?
It's here:
http://www.ottawadivorce.com/blog/

That's where I usually post the newest additions to the site.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 PM

Jenny is on a distinguished road

you need to remember it is only a complaint at this stage right? Hopefully it all blows over

Old 02-23-2006, 08:28 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Jeff,

It is a sad day indeed when a complaint is made against yourself for your pro bono initiative. It appears that there is an irate reader that took offense.

I read the page that you referred to on strategies. The information that is posted is common knowledge and ultimately at the end of the day it is up to the Judge and the courts to administer the laws and determine the facts.

This is the Internet which is open to international borders. If they don't like what they read in the forums they don't have to visit either. Whatever happen to freedom of speech in this country. Anything said in here is opinions. Freedom of speech shall prevail! The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees us as Canadians this right.

I really hope that the complaint gets set aside and the allegations are dismissed. This forum is a awesome play to discuss experience, vent or ask a question of someone that may have a similar experience or is in a similar predicament.

LV
Old 02-23-2006, 09:27 PM

Jenny is on a distinguished road

Is it an anonymous complaint? Will you see who made the complaint? curious about the process this takes. I have a licensing body with my career and there is quite the procedure involved in handling discipline decisions.

I imagine with most complaints it is about a particular lawyer/client relationship and this may be fairly unique in terms of the advice being out there for anyone to read.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:21 AM

Julie is on a distinguished road

Jeff,

The advices you give out to those who are in need should be awarded - I am so sorry to hear about this news.

I want to hear from the person who has reported you and hear his/her explanation of doing so. This just just full of balony.

I really hope everything'll get resolved. If you need our help, you know where to find us!

G'luck and I will pray for you.
Closed Thread