X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

Hi everyone,
    Help Please!!
    To give a little background, my husband filed for divorce papers from Montreal, i moved to toronto in july 2005. he then wanted to have an settlement, i sent him an offer in end november but he never replied back, i finally got an answer from him after 3 months in which he claims that since he does not have any job (he gave it up in december) he cannot pay any child support and he wants joint custody of the child. so far he has been visiting her on a very erratic schedule. We also have a house in montreal on which there is an offer.
    He has moved to Toronto with his girlfriend. He has a 4-5 week contract but he is not declaring that. He keeps saying that he wants to put an end to it , but then he keeps coming up with something else. It has been carrying on for too long and I want to put an end to it.
    I want to protect my interest in the house, what steps can i take?
    I also had got an emergency motion from the ontario court for not taking her out of the province. The last time I had got an extension because of negotiations being done, but the next date is soon and no negotiations have ben done. what can I do about that?
    Any suggesstions, advise would be a great help, i cannot afford a lawyer and the one that I had in ontario basically ripped me off.

Sounds like you will end up needing some legal counsel; can you try legal aid? Perhaps they can help you out, since you mentioned not being able to afford a lawyer. If you think your ex is not disclosing his financial information honestly, it could get really nasty, and you will need the knowledge and experience of a lawyer to know what steps need to be taken and when. Hope that helps some!

Comment

Sasha is right and additionally keep in mind that the courts can input an income to him. Severing employment deliberately to get out of child support obligations is not acceptable behavior to the courts. He is living somehow so he must have some income.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X