Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2006, 02:55 PM
mamatunts mamatunts is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6
mamatunts is on a distinguished road
Default Help Please

Hi everyone,
Help Please!!
To give a little background, my husband filed for divorce papers from Montreal, i moved to toronto in july 2005. he then wanted to have an settlement, i sent him an offer in end november but he never replied back, i finally got an answer from him after 3 months in which he claims that since he does not have any job (he gave it up in december) he cannot pay any child support and he wants joint custody of the child. so far he has been visiting her on a very erratic schedule. We also have a house in montreal on which there is an offer.
He has moved to Toronto with his girlfriend. He has a 4-5 week contract but he is not declaring that. He keeps saying that he wants to put an end to it , but then he keeps coming up with something else. It has been carrying on for too long and I want to put an end to it.
I want to protect my interest in the house, what steps can i take?
I also had got an emergency motion from the ontario court for not taking her out of the province. The last time I had got an extension because of negotiations being done, but the next date is soon and no negotiations have ben done. what can I do about that?
Any suggesstions, advise would be a great help, i cannot afford a lawyer and the one that I had in ontario basically ripped me off.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:13 PM
sasha1 sasha1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 205
sasha1 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you will end up needing some legal counsel; can you try legal aid? Perhaps they can help you out, since you mentioned not being able to afford a lawyer. If you think your ex is not disclosing his financial information honestly, it could get really nasty, and you will need the knowledge and experience of a lawyer to know what steps need to be taken and when. Hope that helps some!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:56 PM
logicalvelocity logicalvelocity is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,943
logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Sasha is right and additionally keep in mind that the courts can input an income to him. Severing employment deliberately to get out of child support obligations is not acceptable behavior to the courts. He is living somehow so he must have some income.
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.