This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Costs

My ex moved out 11 month's ago. We will be attending our first Case Conference in two weeks, she is asking for Interim spousal support, Child support which I have been paying, Exclusive possession of the home which I still live in, consent that she can wright my employer regarding my benifits and pension, equalization plus all costs. If she get's in the six fiqures from me in equaliztion payment, do I still have to pay her costs. Also If she get's exclusive possession of the home how long would the judge give me to move out?. My kids are so happy in thier new school they really don't want to go back to thier old school.

A "costs order" is an order by the court that one party (invariably the losing party) pay some or most of the successful party’s legal costs, (regardless of any equalization payment). How much of those court costs are ordered to be paid depends on a number of factors including the behaviour of each party during the litigation, the reasonableness of each party’s position and most importantly, what offers of settlement were exchanged.

Comment

Thanks Grace, I originally initiated a 4 way meeting, nothing came of any of the issues discussed, I than gave her a written offer, no response. I gave her severel verbal offers, no response. I even went as far as saying I won't fight her for custody of my children and would give her sole custody, no response, My ex is being so un reasonable. I'm sure any women on this forum would of been more than happy to take what I offered (in the six figures), if it were them. I don't want to fight her and want to get this over without paying thousands of dollars in legal fees. Just the otherday I told her let's go via colabrative law, she never responded. I ran out of options, she want's to proceed to court and that's final. The part I don't understand is she hasn't worked in years, yet she refuses to take any of my offers as pre settlment. She complains that she has no money. I would of easly giving her some if she just would of backed off a bit. I'm hoping that I don't have to pick up her costs. That would really drain the pot out and thier might not be any maoney left for my kids..

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X