Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 05:15 PM
screwed screwed is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1
screwed is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Garnish his wages? - Canada

I am a 50-year-old permanently disabled woman living in Ontario and I have no legal separation. My husband has stopped paying me alimony we agreed upon. What can I do now to get the support money I need? He was paying me for six years.

Can I garnish his wages without a legal separation?


Old 02-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Grace Grace is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 860
Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about


You will need either a separation agreement or a court order in order to have your support enforced by the FRO and have them garnish his wages. I suggest you consult with a lawyer regarding this.

Was this a verbal agreement you had over the last 6 years, or do you having something in writing?
Old 02-06-2006, 02:14 AM
Tim Tim is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 70
Tim is on a distinguished road

I hope he has something in writing, because 6 years of verbal agreement wont cut it, will it Grace?
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 PM.